Friday, October 17, 2008

October and November


pumpkin204b
Originally uploaded by CathieRainwater
October is a great time for being out at the farm...especially when it includes pumpkins and apple cider. On the photography front, I did 3 photo shoots in one weekend and it was a blast! I am thrilled with how the pictures came out. It's like creating art. And I love to hang out with the people I do pictures for. I'm so shy...I try to hide it but I'm sure it's usually seen. So working with people multiple times helps to shed that. :-) So I look forward to each session! And time goes by way too fast...the 2 hour sessions feel like one, and I feel like there just wasn't enough time (and yet I walk away usually with up to about 20 good pictures). Until about the 25th, I'll be focusing on pumpkin patches and that sort of thing. Halloween costumes too!

I will be at Eastview Mall on the 25th to donate my time to Buddies, Bridges, and Brains...an amazing charity program that donates books and blankets to children in need! I will be taking pictures there of the group working. So come on down and help by making no-sew blankets...they provide everything. :-) It's the same day as the trick or treating, but we'll be in the JC Penney court.

I'll continue to do fall photos as long as people want me to. But November I'm going to start focusing on Holiday pictures. I do cards and just bought some for myself, for Katelyn's birthday...I...LOVE these. Not only is the quality of the image that they printed amazing, but the card stock is as well. And I can do the slim lines as well with image printed as well as message. I can even add a return address onto the envelopes! Great for Christmas, new baby, and all the holidays you send cards for. For Christmas, I'm going to see about getting a few little props, but I will still have the standard black or white background. So if you'd like your Christmas tree in the background, set up the appointment for when you've got that up and ready and I can do the whole family in front of it. Including the pets.

Prices:
Just a reminder, I have to include taxes on my session fees. So my $50 session fee (due at the time of the session) is plus tax, which is 8%. So it's actually $54. (I don't keep the $4 unfortunately lol It just goes to taxes...yay). And I haven't set up my website yet...turned out I needed to pay for the website...THEN pay for the year...so it was twice as much as I thought. Things will continue to go through DotPhoto, unless it's cards. If through DotPhoto there is no tax and you order, it's delivered to you. If, however, you would like to upgrade, you can pay me via paypal for images plus shipping and handling. They will still be delivered to you...and turn around is SUPER FAST. I usually get things within 48 hours via FedEx! You can consider the Flickr a photo proof section, pick and choose what you'd like (you will know the prices for everything), and then let me know, I will confirm with you with a price and then we will deal with payment either check, cash, paypal or credit card via paypal. When everything goes through I will place the order and keep you informed. :-)

That's it for this entry...my hand is killing me!

0 comments: