Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Standard Pricing


My Girls
Originally uploaded by CathieRainwater
This will all eventually be on my website. Right now I have really nice prices and I'm really happy to be able to do that at the moment. But there's one small problem. I need an interfacing website where customers can go to proof their images and then order all at the same time. And I need Photoshop. And some new lenses for my camera to get a more diverse photo array. And another memory card. I could go on. Until my 100th portfolio photo my session fee is ZERO. Free. By allowing me to capture your child (or you!) on photo, you're doing me a great service by signing a model release, because it means I am getting a lot of great practice in and my customers can see it for themselves. How do I use the images? Mostly I'll print out an 8x10 and put it into a photo album (my portfolio). But I also have a portfolio album on Flickr and one on Dotphoto for now, though it's kept private (I don't want others buying the pictures in there). On my new website, they'll be displayed. In order to get the great website, maintain my flickr account, get photohshop, and other subscriptions I need for editing, I won't be able to do free sessions once my portfolio sessions are done. My session fee will go up to $50, but it includes my time and work, image editing, and all the other fun stuff that goes along with owning a camera. The memory cards don't last a great deal of time, so each time I'm using and reusing, I need to consider buying another just because what if one dies on me? Camera repair if something happens. Laptop use...if you read my prior post, you'll understand that. If google maps says it takes more than 45 minutes to get to a location, I need to charge a $20 travel fee (that covers there and back gas). And in the future when I can get it set up, there will be a deposit of $25 for your session. It goes towards your session fee. I've had a lot of reschedules last minute. I'm a totally understanding person, but with 2 kids and a busy schedule, during the school year, it won't be an easy task to reschedule. I'd lose out on a day's work. Weather can't be helped...so that won't be included. It'll be a 24 hour policy...if notice is give 24 hours or more before the appointment time, the deposit will be returned. Again, I don't have this set up yet. Things happen. I'm a mom. So I understand. Next, I'll be using a professional print service. Better quality for you. :-) I'm excited about this. I've worked out 4 custom packages that I think you'll be excited about too. For starters I'll list my ala carte prices (again, this is future use, not yet in place):

Set of 8 wallets: $5.00
4x6: $1.00
5x7: $8.00
8x10: $15.00
11x14: $26.00
16x20: $45.00

There are a ton of other sizes as well. Now for the packages that I've put together...these are basics...I'll have specialty as well:

Basic Pkg) 1-8x10, 2-5x7, 8 wallets: $17.99 (Save: $18.01)
Pkg A) 1-8x10, 4-4x6, 3-5x7, 16 wallets: $24.99 (Save: $28.01)
Pkg B) 1-11x14, 2-8x10, 6-4x6, 4-5x7, 32 wallets: $59.99 (Save: $58.01)
Pkg C) 1-11x14 FRAMED, 4-8x10, 12-4x6, 8-5x7, 32 Wallets: $110.00 (Save: $112.00)

I'm going to have scrapbooker special packages consisting of wallets and 4x6's. My Day in the Life of... Package will be adjusted as well. So the price right now per 8x10 being $6.29 each won't work well for the professional printing. I'm knocking $5.00 off each 8x10 for the Day in the life of... package. 30-8x10's, me for x-amount of hours, an album, and I will album all of the images myself in order. It will break down to:

$300 for prints
Session fee: $100 for 4 hours; $150 for 6 hours
Album & Archiving: $50................

Total: 4 Hours: $450.00; 6 Hours: $500.00

(Seems like a lot, but I take photos from breakfast on, for 4 or 6 hours...or from lunch to dinner, or lunch to bed. Or birthday parties! I can do 8 hours as well, for $550.00.

I'm also considering doing Bridal photos (NOT wedding). These pictures are just of the bride done at Sonnenberg Gardens in Canandaigua with a $150 location fee added. Cost for 2 hours would be $300.00 for prints, $50 session/editing, $150 location and $50 album and archiving for a total of $550.00. A fee of $25 per extra person.

Senior Photos I will be doing as well but at the moment I have only 1 package put together. Unlimited poses plus yearbook pose, 3 outfits, 1-11x14, 8-8x10, 16-5x7, 14 wallets plus session fee for 2 hours: $350.00. Proof album is $20.00 minimum, or $3.00 per page if more than 7 (includes cover).

Just an update to all I've been planning. :-)

0 comments: